Best Laravel E-Commerce Packages Top 4
Laravel is the most popular PHP framework for good reasons:
- Easy to use and customize
- Great community
- Extremely fast and scalable
These qualities make Laravel a perfect fit for building online shops and e-commerce applications in general. For the Laravel PHP framework, there exist e-commere packages for different purposes. These are the top packages in their category:
- Aimeos (e-commerce framework)
- Bagisto (shop system)
- GetCandy (e-commerce API)
- LaravelShoppingcart (shopping cart)
Which Laravel e-commerce packages to choose depends on your requirements. Let’s have a look what is best for which case.
Aimeos (e-commerce framework)
The Aimeos e-commerce framework is build for being as extensible as the Laravel PHP framework itself and integrates into existing Laravel 5 applications. It’s feature rich and you can adapt everything to your needs regardless of what your requirements are.
- Scalable shops from one to 1 billion items that respond in 100ms
- Multi vendor, multi channel and multi inventory capable
- Incl. bundles, vouchers, virtual, configurable and custom products
- Every product can be a subscription with recurring payment
- Support for 100+ payment gateways via Omnipay PHP library
- JSON REST API build on jsonapi.org standard
- Requires more time to learn due to its huge feature set
Bagisto (shop system)
A shop system is a standalone application that includes everything to run a shop. Bagisto is a new system based on Laravel 5.6 and hasn’t reached version 1.0 yet. It focuses on small business and the middle east area with native RTL (right-to-left) support.
- Easy installation of a complete shop system
- Multi channel and multi store inventory
- Easy access control for admin interface
- Fits well for standard shops without many change requests
- Only simple and configurable products yet
- Fixed product structure that’s hard to extend
- Not suitable if you already have an existing Laravel application
- Doesn’t scale without caching to higher volumes
GetCandy (e-commerce API)
GetCandy is a headless API package that offers a REST API only and an administration interface for managing products, orders and customers. There’s no front-end included because it’s best used by (web) apps you want to build on your own.
- Scalable backend for progressive web applications (PWA)
- No example front-end available
- Only limited feature set yet
- No payment integration
- Currently in alpha stage
LaravelShoppingcart (shopping cart)
Shopping cart packages are very small, easy to use and contain a limited feature set. The package consists cart/wishlist only and integrates into existing Laravel 5 applications where you have to implement product handling and checkout yourself.
- Very easy to learn and to integrate
- Adds cart features if you already have products
- Very limited feature set
- No checkout process available
- Doesn’t scale for higher volumes
- Doesn’t include an example template
Each package is a very good choice for their category. Aimeos is the top e-commerce framework for Laravel if you need a highly customizable solution. Bagisto offers a fully integrated shop system based on Laravel for new sites. LaravelShoppingcart is best if you have a few products in your existing application while GetCandy is a promising candidate if you want to build your own PWA and don’t need anything else.
Add your own experiences and let’s discuss other recommendations 🙂